How would you like to make your garage more comfortable in the summer as a byproduct of providing your home with it's hot water supply?
This is the latest energy saving innovation from Rheem. It's a new approach to providing our homes with hot water using proven technology.
The Rheem Hybrid Electric Water Heater features heat pump technology that makes it over TWICE as efficient as standard electric water heaters. That means if your annual energy cost for hot water is around $520, you could save as much as $286 per year!
Using the same technology as a heat pump air conditioning unit, this water heater extracts heat out of our Arizona air to provide household hot water. As a byproduct it releases cool air into it's surroundings. Rheem lists Phoenix and its surrounding communities of Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Glendale and Mesa as areas of highest efficiency for this hybrid water heater.
In “Energy Saver” mode, this water heater’s high efficiency heat pump operates automatically for hot water storage in this sequence:
1. A fan pulls air through the top air filter.
2. Heat in the air is absorbed by eco-friendly refrigerant inside the evaporator coil and cool (dehumidified) air is exhausted.
3. Refrigerant is pumped through a compressor, which increases the temperature.
4. Simultaneously the cooler water from the bottom of the tank is pumped to the top of the appliance, where it circulates
through a patented condenser coil.
5. Hot refrigerant transfers its heat to the water inside the
6. Heated water is returned back to the top of the tank.
7. All functions are controlled simultaneously by an advanced circuit board located behind the user touch pad.
– In “High Demand” mode, the heat pump can run in tandem
with an electric element during periods of high demand.
– In “Electric Heat Only” mode, the heat pump is disabled and
the appliance operates like a standard electric water heater
with two elements.
8. Condensate drain connection.
9. Backup electric heating elements.
For information on state and federal rebates and tax incentives visit:
Rheem Hybrid Water Heater Brochure